Often, our hair is mistreated and suffers various problems such as dryness, excess fat, dandruff and hair loss, which can be treated with different hair products for sale or, directly, going to the hairdresser. However, if we cannot afford such professional treatments, we can resort to home remedies that, besides being economical, are also very effective.
One of them is apple cider vinegar which, besides being an excellent culinary condiment, is also a good natural treatment for the care of our hair. If you want to show off a shiny and healthy mane, read this article about where we show you how to wash your hair with apple cider vinegar.
Benefits and properties of apple cider vinegar for hair
Apple cider vinegar is an excellent natural treatment for hair care, since it has the following benefits and properties:
- Cleaning properties: these remove waste and dead cells from our hair. In addition, it is a natural regulator of capillary ph.
- It favors the sealing of the hair cuticles: consequently, our hair looks brighter and silkier.
- Moisturizing properties: this help to keep the hair healthy and hydrated and, in this way, also prevent the appearance of split ends.
- Antibacterial and antifungal properties: with which it eliminates the presence of microbes and bacteria that cause dandruff, dryness and itching in the scalp.
- Circulatory properties: this help to stimulate the hair follicles and, in this way, promote the growth of healthy and strong hair. Thanks to these properties, it also prevents ageing and hair loss.
How to wash your hair with apple vinegar step by step
Next, learn to wash your hair with apple cider vinegar step by step:
- Add a half glass of apple cider vinegar and another half glass of water in a bowl. Then, stir it so that both ingredients mix well.
- Now, wash your hair with the shampoo you usually use, without using any conditioner. Try using warm or cold water during the process, because this way your hair will look brighter and less frizzy.
- Once you have washed your hair, you should use the homemade remedy that you have prepared before. Pour the contents of the container slowly over your scalp and massage it so that it penetrates better on the hair fibers. Then, spread the rest of the product through the entire hair.
- Let the natural treatment act on the capillary zone for 10 minutes.
- Once the waiting time has elapsed, rinse your hair with cold water to remove the remains of vinegar from your hair. Do not worry about the smell; it will disappear when your hair has completely dried.
- Dry your hair in the usual way, although it is recommended that you let it dry with natural air to make it softer and silkier.
Masque of vinegar and lemon for excess capillary fat
Another way to use this food seasoning in the hair fibers is to mix it with the juice of a lemon to combat excess fat. Lemon is a good ingredient for this mask for its cleansing and antibacterial properties, which eliminate the possible microorganisms that produce a high amount of sebum and, in addition, leaves the hair clean of waste and dead cells.
Always use Branded Cosmetic Products
To make this homemade mask, follow these steps:
- Mix the juice of a whole lemon with a quarter of a glass of vinegar.
- Once you have washed your hair in the usual way, you should apply this mask with wet hair, especially on the scalp, and let it act for 20 minutes.
- When the indicated time has elapsed, you should rinse your hair with warm water until the remains of the mask are removed.
Natural rinse of apple vinegar and Aloe Vera for damaged hair
This product can also be used to repair more damaged and frizzy hair if we combine it with the properties of aloe Vera for hair. This plant has powerful regenerating and moisturizing properties that will make your hair look healthy and silky again.
To prepare this homemade treatment you will only have to mix in a container:
- 2 tablespoons of aloe Vera gel
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Half a glass of water
Once you have mixed them, you should wash your scalp with your usual shampoo and then apply this natural rinse throughout the hair, making circular movements so that it penetrates better into the fibers. When you have applied it, let it act for 20 minutes and then remove the product with plenty of warm water.